Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Yikes!


So, the thing I hate is when I sit down and pay all my bills and then I subtract the number of dollars I just wrote checks for from the amount of dollars I have in the bank and the difference between the two numbers turns out to be 36. That's right. I have $36 at my disposal for the month of June.

This hasn't happened to me since I was 25, and it's debatable whether it should have happened then. But it did. And it has again. Here's a little formula to illustrate:

Odessa's hospital bills+car insurance+mortgage+2 plane tickets to my grandmother's 100th birthday party+final month of daycare+all the usual bills= a sum greater than I had anticipated.

So, this month I'm needing to observe some Depression-era economy. It's a good thing I didn't buy those $575 sheets, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need to come out to the garden, that's about all I can offer...squash, onions, beets and some venison.

    36.00 is about what I have for every month... and less in Jan. Feb.

    Financial embarassment is the rule around here.

    Life ain't no ride on no pink duck.

    Paw

    Paw

    ReplyDelete