Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Week of School

Ah, they halcyon days of summer.  Before school started this week, Odessa sometimes made this face:

On an Adventure Day(TM), earlier this month.  With Bestie 4 Life, Tucker Belle.
Now she mostly looks like this:

5:45 PM. First Day of School.  No nap.

But, I remember what the first week of school is like: it's stressful and exhausting and not fair.  Yesterday we went to Target and I wouldn't buy her a $20 fairy dress, so she lost her shit.  I had to push the cart at arms length while she screamed blue murder and took swipes at my head with her tiny claws. It was a temper tantrum, the likes of which I hope never to see again.

But I have a lot of compassion for the kid.  It's kind of hard being a grownup, but I'm really glad I don't have any more first weeks of school ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment