Saturday, January 14, 2012

Love and Lady Jams

I'm sitting in a coffee shop trying to write, but I'm actually just eavesdropping on a skinny Indian guy and a mad tiny Asian girl--both wearing khakis, only hers are bootcut (I think they're toddler pants? Not sure). They're talking about playing oboe in the University of Georgia marching band. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife, by the way. It's like a Wes Anderson movie, only better because neither of them is wearing a distracting caftan. (Oooh! The conversation has foundered and they're drinking their coffees like they're both in a big hurry to drink coffee. Oh, phew--he saved it by introducing the topic of hammerhead sharks! Smooth. And now she's saying how she'd be afraid to pet a hammerhead shark. Get a room, you guys!)

Anyway, I should listen to my headphones instead, because I have to write a whole bunch of words today and this is their private, interpersonal business.

Which reminds me: I haven't been providing you with enough Ethereal Lady Jams lately.

Here are a couple:

1. Because I have a giant crush on Sharon Van Etten and her new album is coming out February 7th at 8:17 AM (EDT).  Or something.  I haven't been paying that much attention....:


And because I think it's both amusing and really touching when people from other countries love Gram Parsons as much as I do:



Okay, ya'll. Seriously.  I have to go.

1 comment:

  1. "And because I think it's both amusing and really touching when people from other countries love Gram Parsons as much as I do." Me too.
    http://graminternational.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete